Sunday, January 22, 2012

Grandma's dedication service

Yesterday was a good day! Very emotional in the beginning at the cemetery but after was better. We went to a church where our extended family members prepared a lunch for all of us!! There were probably 50-70 people there & you could feel the love and support in the air. Regardless of how people knew my grandma everyone came to show their support to my grandpa & his family!! It was great seeing family members I haven't seen since I was little & meeting friends of my grandma! It was also strange remembering things from when I was a child-I could remember the cemetery. I remember going there with my grandma to see her mom.
My grandpa was very strong! At the cemetery he was emotional and talked about how they had been together 46 years! I am sad for him to not have her anymore. I can't even imagine how he feels. They had 4 children together, many grandchildren & have shared many good times together. I hope he does well & I'm going to see him soon. He saved some stuff of my grandmas for Amber & I to look through. He has been cleaning house and getting rid of some stuff which might be his way of grieving but I hope he takes time to actually morn her lose!!
I love my family very much & it was great to spend time with them but the circumstance was very heart breaking to all. Miss you grandma!!


Our Grandpa has done this with his teeth since I was little :) He is so funny!

Uncle David & his family

Ryan & I

Aunt Jessie & some of her family!

Amber & I w/ our Mom

Amber & I w/ our Great Aunt & her twins :)

My grandpa with his brother & sisters

Cousins

We love our grandpa

No comments:

Post a Comment