Sunday, March 11, 2012

Update

Hey everyone!!! It has been almost 2 months since I last updated & I have to admit for awhile I forgot I even had a blog!! I even have an app on my phone now so I have no excuse besides not making time.
Nursing School
This semester is split up into two 8 week set of classes! The 1st 8 weeks was med-surg 2 & the next 8 weeks is psych. Med-surg 2 was extremely hard & I'm glad to be done with it!! I'm on spring break currently until Monday & then I will start my psych rotation. I can't believe how much I'm learning. The other day I was working at a doctors office & I had to call a patient & talk about his lab test. The doctor said that the patient needed to drink more water because his kidney test were abnormal. I noticed myself telling the patient more in detail about how older people don't get thirsty sometimes so they forget to drink & it is important... yaddy yaddy ya but after I got off the phone I couldn't believe it lol before I would have called & said specifically what the doctor noted. I am so proud of myself & In May I will be HALF WAY DONE WITH NURSING SCHOOL!!!
Ryan
Recently was moved to be the kitchen manager. He likes being the kitchen manager but he is opening more so the hours are different. I'm so happy for him because I know he really likes his job & his coworkers & especially his boss & upper management. The district manager calls Ryan the "golden boy"!! :) I guess there are a lot of Ryans so he has a nickname! I am so proud of him!! The Applebees yearly awards ceremony is in April so I hope he wins something & I hope his store wins a lot!! It is a fun night, we went last year when Ryan was employed by them for 1 day & everyone was so welcoming. I can't wait to go back this year when Ryan will know more people!!
Me
Nursing school pretty much consumes my life right now!! I am ok with that though. I can't believe I am living my dream of becoming a nurse!!! Sometimes school does stink though because I miss out on events or just hanging out with friends. I try to be good at keeping in contact with people but sometimes it is hard. I can't wait to have my working life back! SCHOOL IS HARD & When I leave school I still have homework/studying. When I left work before I didn't bring work home with me!!
LIFE
  • It has been 2 months since my grandma Carole passed & I still think about her daily. I'm at peace & happy she isn't in pain. I am glad she didn't have to deal with the pain of the lung cancer treatment but I just wish I could still have her in my life. I used to laugh at her crazy way of using facebook... She would write in all caps & I told her it looked like she was screaming, she said it was easier because she didn't have to use shift ;) while using facebook chat I would have to tell her every so often to push enter because I could see her typing but then nothing would be there, we would both just be waiting for a response because she wouldn't push enter! Also she played a lot of facebook game and I used to give her a hard time about them but what I wouldn't give to see her asking for salt and pepper for her cafe game again!!
  • I am looking for a new church in the Indy area. If anyone knows of any Lutheran churches, let me know!! I've really been trying to pray out loud even when I'm alone because I feel like I pray well (if you can even do that) in my head but when I say prayers out loud I stubble around or don't know what words to use. Hopefully I will get better & maybe within the next few months I will have a new church!!

Tomorrow is my last day of spring break. I'm going to have a relaxing Sunday & I hope you all do the same!! :)

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment